Hello, my name is Cecil Yancy. Great to meet you. Come see us.

Hello, my name is Cecil Yancy. Great to meet you. Come see us.

Hello, I’m Cecil Yancy 

I’m a musician. Actually, I’m a storyteller who happens to play guitar and sing. My audience is potentially every person within my hearing, whether that be in recorded form or in person. It’s the “In Person” aspect of my work that gives me the added strength to go on in my present life. 

A little over a year ago, I lost my beloved wife and singing partner to cancer. We sang together for all of our 16-year honeymoon and touched many lives through music. 

I learned a lot from my wife. One of the most important lessons was about seasons in our lives and the importance of being present in the moment. 

Music is my way of carrying on. I’m a musician in Memphis. I work at Graceland for Elvis, on a tour bus as a guide and at venues across the Mid-South. As I was told when I sang with a Grand Ole Opry star, 90 percent of what an entertainer does is talk to people. The other 10 percent is spent singing. The talking brings connection; connection brings love; the love brings healing and the music fuels dreams

It's my pleasure to sing for you. Thank you, very much!